(Last updated: Nov. 11, 2013)
Data Collection and Use
- Some of our events require you to register. We ask you for some personal information (such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number) and we will use that information to provide the service. In the event you choose to make a donation online to BoldAlliance.org, we use trusted third party service providers who process and maintain your credit card information in encrypted form on secure servers.
- When we require personal information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we may use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us.
- For petitions and surveys signed or completed by you, we may treat your name, city, state, and comments as public information. For example, we may provide compilations of petitions, with users comments, to public officials, but we will not disclose your street address, email address or phone number, without your prior consent. We may also make your comments, along with your first name, city, state, and country, available to the press and public online.
- The Site enables you to send individual emails through the Site in your name, and in connection with such emails, we may disclose your email address as the return address to public officials. If you write letters or emails to newspapers using the Site, we may disclose your email address and full name and contact information as part of the submission.
- We collect aggregated data your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- We may analyze web logs in order to understand traffic patterns and determine whether there are problems with the Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for emailings, so that we can tell which email communications appeal most to users of our Site and services.
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some the Site’s features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Third-Party Advertising and Links to Other Websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personal information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- We may share the information you submit in connection with requests for our services with our related entities in order to provide you with a seamless experience on our Site and to provide and improve the quality of our services.
- We do not rent or sell your personal information to other companies, organizations or individuals.
- We may share your personal information in the following limited circumstances:
- If we have your consent.
- We may provide such information to trusted business partners for the purpose of processing personally identifiable information on our behalf.
- To work collaboratively with coalitions that have the same or similar goals as BA.
- In order to fulfill the services you request or complete the actions you have engaged in on the Site, such as to deliver petitions and show support for initiatives.
- If we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the requirements of applicable law or comply with legal process served on BA; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of BA; (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any person; or (4) fix or debug problems with the BA software/service.
- We may share aggregated information with others, such as the number of members who are participating in local groups.
- We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information.
Children’s Privacy & Parental Consent
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. Should we become aware that we inadvertently acquired personal information or other data from users under the age of 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at any time by email at: email@example.com or at the following address:
208 S. Burlington Ave., Ste 103, Box 325
Hastings, NE 68901