In recognition of his strong stance to put people before pipelines and profit, Bold Alliance is proud to announce our endorsement of Tom Perriello for Governor of Virginia. 
Many citizens and landowners who have been riled up by the threat of eminent domain for private gain and the proposed Mountain Valley and Atlantic Coast fracked gas pipelines are watching this election carefully. Tom Perriello has dedicated time on the campaign trail to visit with and listen to rural communities in our state.
While Dominion Energy is Virginia’s largest political contributor — and sponsor of the proposed Mountain Valley pipeline — Tom has stood up to Dominion and made a commitment to use all legal authorities to stop these proposed fracked gas pipelines from devastating Virginia,  and recently signed the “No Fossil Fuel Money” pledge to reject any campaign contributions from the oil, gas and coal industries. 
Tom is also focused on a healthy future and economy, and has a clean-tech renewable energy plan that will bring Virginia into the 21st Century.
It’s clear that Tom Perriello chooses people over pipelines and profit. Vote Perriello for Governor on June 13th.
Want to get more involved before the June 13th Primary Election?
Also — this Saturday, June 10th, Tom Perriello is expected to join Bold Alliance and Pipeline Fighters who care about our land, water and climate in Roanoke at Defend the Sacred: A Celebration of Life, Land and Water — a day-long event to help raise awareness of the risks, injustices, and alternatives to these proposed pipelines. The event will also include entertainment from music and dance performances to a film screening, and farm-to-table food.
- WHAT: Defend the Sacred: A Celebration of Life, Land and Water
- WHEN: Saturday, June 10, 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Elmwood Park Amphitheater, 706 S Jefferson St, Roanoke, Virginia 24016 (map)
- COST: FREE (Suggested donation of $5 at the door to the Bold Appalachia Landowner Alliance)
- SPEAKERS: Landowners, Pipeline Fighters, Regional Poets, Local Faith Leaders and more TBA
- MUSIC: Performances by Groova Scape; Seph Custer and the Papa Tom Band; Jordan Fallon; The Commons
- FILM: Outdoor screening of Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Josh Fox’s (“Gasland”) new documentary “AWAKE,” about the Water Protector movement defending against the Dakota Access pipeline at Standing Rock.
- DANCE: Trail of Tears Intertribal Dance Troupe; Dance of Universal Peace; Delwin Fiddler – Native American Hoop Dancer
- WATER BLESSING: Please bring a container of water from your land (or home) to participate.
- FOOD: Farm-to-table from Local Roots Restaurant, Four Corners Farm, Local Kombucha, potluck style (please bring your favortite dish!); also a variety of Food Trucks.
Thanks for standing with us, and supporting Tom Perriello for Governor of Virginia to protect our land, water and climate.
Carolyn Reilly and the Bold Alliance team
 “Virginia Democratic governor candidates split on gas pipeline,” Washington Times, 5/16/17.
 “Virginia governor’s race ‘a referendum on pipelines’,” Roanoke Times, 6/4/17.